Sunday, May 9, 2010

Back from the Dead

Hello? Is this thing on?

Erm, it's been a really long time since I posted, as my Mom reminded me this morning. Being chided by your mother on Mother's Day has had the result of lighting a fire under my behind. School really tried to wipe me out this year, and while I've been knitting off and on (gotta stay sane somehow, right?) I have been really bad about documenting it. So I'm going to attempt to give a progress report based on my last posts. I have no recent pictures, though, so you'll have to use your imaginations.

Here goes:
First up: Lenore socks. Almost done. Just need to get the ends sewn in, wash them up and deliver them to the recipient. Hopefully, she'll still want them. I'm feeling the most guilty about these ones.

Next: Trilobite Socks. Finished. Yay! They don't actually match, though because I messed up reading the pattern on the first sock and thought it might be fun to make the second sock properly. Matching unmatched socks.

Another long neglected project was my Mr. Greenjeans cardigan. It had been abandoned with the body completely knit. All it needed was a button band and sleeves. It now has a button band and 1.33333 sleeves. I'm determined to get some UFOs finished.

In the meantime, there has been some increases to my stash. I'll try and get pictures when the sun comes back, but there was a new yarn store that opened locally, and it's really close to where I work downtown. It's called Yarn's Etc. And can be found at 1 Nicholas St. if you happen to live in Ottawa, check it out. It's small, but the owner is really friendly. She carries Lorna's Laces, Berocco, and Dream in Color yarns among other things. Good prices too. I got some Dream in Color Smooshy in Ruby River and some Oceanwind Knits Merino 100 in Razzcherry. (I don't know why the font changed here. Maybe something to do with attempting the hyperlink thingy.)

I've been listening to Lime N Violet. Never a good idea when you're feeling overwhelmed by assignments, but those master enablers have had their way with me twice.

First being the Evenstar Shawl knitalong. Holy crapola! I got a late start on this because I needed to wait until school work had been finished and turned in, consequently I'm only halfway through Clue #2. Clue 7 (the final clue) has just been released. I'm so excited by what I've seem of other people's shawls online. Seriously gorgeous shawl. I hope I can do it justice. I'm knitting it in the exact same yarn as the designer. That being, Blue Moon Fiber Arts Silken Thread II in Winter Solstice. Again pictures soon. I also subscribed to Susan Pandorf's Lord Of the Rings Knitalong for the Fellowship of the Ring. I'm a colossal geek, and the LotR is my favourite book of all time, and I adore the Peter Jackson movies based on them. This is going to be exciting.

Finally, I joined the Mean Girls Yarn Club 2. Also as a result of listening to Lime N Violet when my defenses are down. Curse those master enablers! I can't wait for my first shipment. I promise to make a point of posting about it. If I'm allowed :)

So there's maybe a couple other things, but I'm going to hold onto them until I can get some pictures taken. This has already been a word heavy post without anything interesting to look at, and no links to follow, so I'll leave it at that, and hopefully I'll be back next week.

No comments: